Do you ever wish there was a way to sooth your teething baby? If so, our Romney Pediatric Dental team has some good news for you! There are many different ways you can give your baby the comfort they deserve, and we are happy to tell you all about them. If you want to soothe your baby, we recommend doing the following things:
- Thoroughly wash your hands and then massage your baby’s gums with your fingers.
- Get a chilled spoon and hold it against your baby’s sensitive gums.
- Let your child chew on a cold, wet washcloth, but please be there to supervise as they chew.
- Chill your baby’s pacifier in the fridge before use.
- Let your child bite on a teething ring you’ve purchased from the store.
Whatever you do, please do not give your child an amber teething necklace or lidocaine. These things can be toxic and harmful for the baby. The tips we’ve given you should give your baby the comfort they need. If they don’t, we encourage you to call 801.960.7913 and talk to your dentist, Dr. Clark Romney. Our team is here to help you in every way we can and we are more than happy to help you with teething in Salt Lake City, Utah. So, call our office today and we will assist you in every way we can!