Tooth brushing for kids is an extremely important process that must be done to ensure a child’s teeth can continue to thrive. Furthermore, it will help keep their gums safe as well as lower their risk for several oral health ailments including tooth decay and cavities. For more information about effective toothbrushing techniques and toothbrush care for your child, consider the following:
– Make sure you are using safe and effective toothpaste that has been approved by your child’s pediatric dentist. Furthermore, only use a small amount of toothpaste for your child. The ideal amount includes rice-sized drops for children under 3 and pea-sized drops for children between the ages of 3 and 6.
– As soon as your child’s first tooth erupts above the gum line, it needs to be cared for on a daily basis. This includes brushing your child’s teeth twice per day.
– Never share any cleaning tools with your child. This includes never using the same brush as your child or any other tools. Bacteria can easily be passed from your mouth to your child if you are not careful.
– Before your child is 1 year of age, bring them in for their first visit to their pediatric dentist.
– Make sure your child is eating healthy foods and nutritious meals to limit the effects of unhealthy substances.
Effective pediatric care can be given with the help of our team of experts at Romney Pediatric Dental. If your child is in need a dentist in Salt Lake City, Utah, you can schedule an appointment with Dr. Clark Romney at our office by calling us at 801.960.7913.